This time being when I was young. I would listen, believing over the years my ears have become callousedand somewhat deaf to the words, false to theheart from which they spoke.
I cried, often in silence from the hurts, but the wounds would soon heal, the scab disappears, leaving only a scar to remind me.
Now I listen with my eyes.”
Somewhat that recital of a poem reflects to what I see. Words are unspoken from my mouth, only cause I can’t begin to speak what is on my mind. I see immorality, unethical issues spread all across the globe. What is coming onto the world today? Where is the tranquility?
I sit here in silence only to the sound of my fingers tapping my keyboard. What? Why? Floats around my head. Such disturbed sight, such violence and undignified stories in books and magazines.
I lay quiet, tick tock tick tock. Are we real or are we just acting? I used to believe that the world is a center stage, where we’re all just actors, being someone who we’re not, but us trying to crawl out of a shell, finding our own soul. That somehow, all is trying to win over something so impossible that we betray the ones we love, we kill and slaughter our inner child. Who are we? What are we?
The world hasn’t changed so much. The battle of the sexes is still there ever since the roman time. Women and girls are somewhat seen as slaves to the men. Whatever we achieve, can never be satisfying. Men on the other hand are like gods. Ruling every inch of the earth’s ground, hitting women, treating them as if they’re sex objects, but do they realize? A woman is worth more than that.
I grew up hearing the thoughts of the people around me. A woman should stay at home, raise their kids. A woman who is a prostitute is bad, woman who gets married and have babies are good.
What is the difference? As I grew so much wiser over the years, I’ve known to be against of what others say. There is NO difference between a prostitute and a housewife. She is still a woman, she is still beautiful to the eyes of the world. There should not be any isolation between them, we don’t know why they do what they do as their job. A woman is still one man’s desire. A woman who got pregnant out of marriage is discriminate against. Sure it is immoral, but she is still a mother. She is still a woman, the same with all others. I know, because these women, those whom we think are bad, has much more dignity than those who we think are good. They’re brave and strong and doesn’t let any man bring them down.
People talk, people are ten years behind of this so called 21st century. In fact, in reality, people are still in the medieval times where women who do such things should be punished and shun out of sight. It brings me close to tears to what the world has become, to what I was taught and thought was right. I fall ashamed of myself to think that it was bad.
There is no good nor bad. Equality. Men and women are equal. Both are sex objects, both are desirable, only men has more power. Men tend to disrespect and treat women like crap. Men are always the know-it-all. I’m not going to discriminate, but this is fact, this is how the world is. Until whenever, things will not change.
So what are we? People judge us from how we represent ourselves, by religion, by beauty, by power. Without these, we are just a needle in a haystack. We are nothing. So you choose, between nothing or something? But whatever choice you make, nothing is better. You don’t judge, you don’t discriminate and you stand tall on the ground with your belief. Nothing can bring a person down, the state of the mind of the thought of the world is so much powerful than what we present to the world. There is only one, and that’s you. it takes one to speak up, and open the eyes of others.
Tick tock tick tock. The time goes by fast, my mind speaks louder than my own voice.I won’t swallow the immorality, I won’t try to shallow myself. This is what the world is, without a doubt, things will not change, as much as we prefer it to be. On and on, the years, the centuries, war will go on, children will be hurt, women will be ashamed of.
there is nothing wrong with how things are, its not perfect, but its not how it should be. Each and everyone of us have a life, we have a purpose. How could we live like this? How could we watch all of this? How can our eyes bear to see the soul in those poor children’s eyes?
We forgot about them. We’re so busy concentrating on ourselves that we forgot the one most important aspect of the world. Children. They are the future, they are suffering on the other side of the world. Every 2 seconds, someone dies. How can we live with that? How can we actually swallow ourselves and become so shallow?
We have become blind, and deaf with the world.
-Written on 18/11/07, Safrina
Words unspoken..
“There was a time when I believed in all words.
This time being when I was young. I would listen, believing over the years my ears have become callousedand somewhat deaf to the words, false to theheart from which they spoke.
I cried, often in silence from the hurts, but the wounds would soon heal, the scab disappears, leaving only a scar to remind me.
Now I listen with my eyes.”
Somewhat that recital of a poem reflects to what I see. Words are unspoken from my mouth, only cause I can’t begin to speak what is on my mind. I see immorality, unethical issues spread all across the globe. What is coming onto the world today? Where is the tranquility?
I sit here in silence only to the sound of my fingers tapping my keyboard. What? Why? Floats around my head. Such disturbed sight, such violence and undignified stories in books and magazines.
I lay quiet, tick tock tick tock. Are we real or are we just acting? I used to believe that the world is a center stage, where we’re all just actors, being someone who we’re not, but us trying to crawl out of a shell, finding our own soul. That somehow, all is trying to win over something so impossible that we betray the ones we love, we kill and slaughter our inner child. Who are we? What are we?
The world hasn’t changed so much. The battle of the sexes is still there ever since the roman time. Women and girls are somewhat seen as slaves to the men. Whatever we achieve, can never be satisfying. Men on the other hand are like gods. Ruling every inch of the earth’s ground, hitting women, treating them as if they’re sex objects, but do they realize? A woman is worth more than that.
I grew up hearing the thoughts of the people around me. A woman should stay at home, raise their kids. A woman who is a prostitute is bad, woman who gets married and have babies are good.
What is the difference? As I grew so much wiser over the years, I’ve known to be against of what others say. There is NO difference between a prostitute and a housewife. She is still a woman, she is still beautiful to the eyes of the world. There should not be any isolation between them, we don’t know why they do what they do as their job. A woman is still one man’s desire. A woman who got pregnant out of marriage is discriminate against. Sure it is immoral, but she is still a mother. She is still a woman, the same with all others. I know, because these women, those whom we think are bad, has much more dignity than those who we think are good. They’re brave and strong and doesn’t let any man bring them down.
People talk, people are ten years behind of this so called 21st century. In fact, in reality, people are still in the medieval times where women who do such things should be punished and shun out of sight. It brings me close to tears to what the world has become, to what I was taught and thought was right. I fall ashamed of myself to think that it was bad.
There is no good nor bad. Equality. Men and women are equal. Both are sex objects, both are desirable, only men has more power. Men tend to disrespect and treat women like crap. Men are always the know-it-all. I’m not going to discriminate, but this is fact, this is how the world is. Until whenever, things will not change.
So what are we? People judge us from how we represent ourselves, by religion, by beauty, by power. Without these, we are just a needle in a haystack. We are nothing. So you choose, between nothing or something? But whatever choice you make, nothing is better. You don’t judge, you don’t discriminate and you stand tall on the ground with your belief. Nothing can bring a person down, the state of the mind of the thought of the world is so much powerful than what we present to the world. There is only one, and that’s you. it takes one to speak up, and open the eyes of others.
Tick tock tick tock. The time goes by fast, my mind speaks louder than my own voice.I won’t swallow the immorality, I won’t try to shallow myself. This is what the world is, without a doubt, things will not change, as much as we prefer it to be. On and on, the years, the centuries, war will go on, children will be hurt, women will be ashamed of.
there is nothing wrong with how things are, its not perfect, but its not how it should be. Each and everyone of us have a life, we have a purpose. How could we live like this? How could we watch all of this? How can our eyes bear to see the soul in those poor children’s eyes?
We forgot about them. We’re so busy concentrating on ourselves that we forgot the one most important aspect of the world. Children. They are the future, they are suffering on the other side of the world. Every 2 seconds, someone dies. How can we live with that? How can we actually swallow ourselves and become so shallow?